Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Biography about me!

On Friday afternoon, September 25th, 1992. At Magee Hospital, I was born at 1:07pm. My weight are 7lbs, 8oz, and 19 1/3 inches tall. I had light brown hair and blue eyes. So, Doctor said I will be fine but he said I will be retarded. He is WRONG. I was a normal baby. At 6 weeks old in November 1992, I had heart surgery. I still have scar now but it is wee bit white scar on my left side.
At few months old, my parents did not know that I am deaf. They took me to the hospital. Doctor said I am deaf. At six months old, I got my very first hearing aids.
I went to Oral School, School name is DePaul School. That school only for talking, not signing. I went there for four and half years.
At four and half years old, I went to WPSD (Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf) in May 1997. I met Emily, Joanna, Glenn, and Blaise. They started in 1996. Emily and Joanna are still my best friends, but we call Old best friends. Some kids and I moved to big school from Aanarde (white house, a small school for preschool and kindgarten)
On Sept 1999, I started first grade. In 2003, my class go to Older Elementary, that where we have many classes with many teachers. I start in 4th grade in 2003. On Sept 2006, We start high school in 7th grade. I like high school best. On Jan or Feb 2007, We heard that We will have Middle School, 5th grade to 8th grade. We had go to middle school. I like middle school. I miss some Middle school teachers.
Anyway, I had few surgeries. Tube in nose, at 2 1/2 years old, ear tubes in early 2000s, which I hate it! Tonsil and Adenoids out in May 2008, I totally HATE it. I had to stay home for two weeks. I went to doctor on Tuesday, June 3, 2008. We talk about how is my tonsil, It actually little swollen before surgery. So I hope I can go to school on Wed, Thurs, and Friday. She said yes, you can go, I am so trilled. I miss my friends and I got mail from my class, it is card, Hope you feel better. So I had two days for school. On June 6, Last day of school. I not allow to eat hard, hot, spicy, citrus, and salty foods until June 10. Yuck. I had to eat same jell-o, macaroni, and water. I eat ice cream for breakfast. I can eat/drink anything that with dairy, two days after surgery.
On August 2008, I went to high school again! I like it too. On May 2009, We had to move to Florida. I feel sad but I not miss anyone now because I can E-Mail, VRS, AIM, and other to my family and friends. VRS is Video Relay Service, that for deaf people and kids too. They can talk to deaf friends on video. They can call interpreter to call hearing people. I got VRS in Jan 15, 2005, VP100. Then April 2008, I got VP200. VP is other word, Video P..something I forget.
Enjoy?

2 comments:

  1. VP.... Video Phone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doctor was most definitely wrong! You are an absolute ray of sunshine, and your blogs are full of great, interesting stories! You have 2 great big fans here in Northern Ireland - even if one of them is too small to leave a comment to let you know!! Fiona x x

    ReplyDelete