Thursday, June 25, 2009

Monroeville, Pennsylvania.

I will tell you about history in Monroeville, Pennsylvania! But part of it, I tell you about raised in Monroeville and what look like in Monroeville in 1990s-2000s

In mid-1700s, People setters in Monroeville. Monroeville is name after Joel Monroe. Some people thought Monreoville is after President James Monroe (5th) but not true.
Before 1900s- before call "Monroeville", it was named "Patterson Township".

Few years ago, I looked on map, It is called Municity of Monroeville. Even they call it now. I was raised in Monroeville for 16 years and 8 months! I remember it very good.

There is a lot of old houses that built in 1890s to 1980s. Some recently built in 1990s to 2000s. My old house was built in 1964. I was surprise when my dad told me about basement of our old house. He said, "Long time ago in 60s-70s, there a lady who lived that house, she had a salon in the basement, We can see sink and red counter in the basement. There a big stained on floor, I asked him, it is might be dye color spilled on floor but we don't know why"

I thought it was amazing about having salon in basement! Near garage, there have a door, it is look like little store in house. Last Summer 2008, We tear apart sink and counter, there was a huge hole behind the sink! We use hammer and other thing like crowbar for tear apart the sink and counter.

I went North, East, South, and West Monroeville. I went to Old Stone Church, I already post about it before, 1 1/2 months ago. I has a lot memories of this city that I grew up for long time.

I will visit there sometime because my family live in PA, mostly in Pittsburgh area. I like go to stores and restaurants in Monroeville.
Monroeville is big city. Monroeville have borders (cities)---- Plum, Murrsville, Turtle Creek, Trafford, Pitcairn (It is part of Monroeville), Wilkins, and Penn Hills. Monroeville is 20 minutes away to Pittsburgh.

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed your interesting post about Monroeville. Will you being doing a post about your new town in Florida?
    Lindsay & Jessica
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in first grade, and still living in the city, going with my parents to Monroeville Mall (built when I was six) was a huge deal. Do you know what famous movie they filmed there?

    ReplyDelete